When planning everyday meals, it’s important to have easy, no nonsense causal dinnerware. You want something that will last and easy to wash. You also want it to represent your personal style. Here is some info to get you on your way to finding perfect casual dinnerware sets.
Materials used in Casual Dinnerware Sets:
- Plastic: Plastic is idea for casual dinnerware, especially if you will be using it with kids or outdoor entertaining. It is inexpensive, durable, and comes in a variety of colors and patterns so you can change it up often.
- Stoneware: Is durable and retains heat well so your food stays hotter. Some manufacturers also make stoneware dinnerware that is chop resistant.
- Glass: Glass is a classic look that is great for casual entertaining. It is also considered safer than plastic due to the possible presence of BPA and other chemicals in plastic.
- Ceramic: Ceramic is a stylish way to set your table. It is available in a variety of colors and shapes for an affordable price.
- Melamine: Melamine is a durable type of plastic that is relatively inexpensive and looks great.
Popular Brands of Causal Dinnerware Sets:
- Corelle: Made from tempered glass, Corelle is popular due to its ruggedness and hundreds of patterns. Many retired patterns are sought after by collectors.
- Fiesta: Fiestaware, made by Homer Laughlin is ceramic dinnerware that comes in a variety of colors. Every year, the company puts out a new color. It is an open line, allowing customers to mix and match colors and shapes by purchasing one piece at a time, instead of entire place settings.
Where to by Casual Dinnerware Sets on a Budget:
- Target: Target offers a range of dinnerware, including Damask, Corelle, Home Harper, Field Crest, Sango, and their own Target Home Brand. The Target Home brands as well as the other name brands are available at a reasonable price.
- Wal-Mart: With deep discounts, Wal-Mart offers popular brands like Onieda and Corelle, as well as a brand made by Food Network Star, Paula Dean.
- Kmart: Kmart sells Gibson, Corelle, and Disney along with celebrity inspired lines by Ty Pennington and Jaclyn Smith.
- Cost Plus World Market: Cost Plus sells inexpensive casual dinnerware inspired by cultures across the globe.
- Amazon.com: Amazon features all kinds of causal and fancy dinnerware. They sell dinnerware directly and through third party online stores.
- Kohls: Kohls offers a dinnerware and cookware, including the popular fiestaware line and Rachel Ray Dinnerware at discounted prices.
- Ikea: Ikea sells Swedish inspired dinnerware made of many materials. The price is low and some reviews say that the price and quality go hand in hand.